Four words. Creamy, spicy, salty and crisp!
This spicy salad is delicious and nutrient rich!
Kale is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, calcium, potassium, protein, fiber and more. You can’t go wrong with eating your greens when it comes to good health!
Adapted from this recipe from natalieduhamel.com
- 1 bunch of kale, thinly chopped or torn into bite sized pieces (swiss chard works well too)
- 1/2 cup unrefined cold pressed olive oil (or nutritious oil of choice)
- 1 tablespoon organic soy sauce (sub in tamari as a gluten free option or coconut aminos for soy free)
- 2 tablespoon organic tahini
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger (fresh is great if using a Vitamix)
- 1 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper (Sriracha hot chili sauce works great too)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (minced, or whole clove if using Vitamix)
- sesame seeds, toasted or else untoasted work too (optional)
- Wash the kale and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rip the center stem out of the kale leaves.
- Then chop it all up into really thin slices or else rip it apart into bite-sized pieces.
- Throw kale into a large salad bowl and start preparing the dressing.
- I either make the dressing in my glass measuring cup or in my blender. Start adding ingredients in order as listed. Stir or blend together. I find that the blender makes the dressing creamier.
- Pour sauce over the top of the kale and mix well to ensure that the leaves are all coated with this delicious dressing.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if you choose.
- Serve and enjoy!