A healthier version of classic granola.
I’ve got a big gripe with store-bought granola: too much added sugar.
This recipe tastes just as good as store-bought brands and I can control the sugar, making it a healthier alternative!
I usually make this breakfast treat once a week and serve it with fresh almond milk. It’s an excellent replacement for your morning cereal. It also tastes great mixed into yogurt.
So start enjoying your breakfast without all the added calories and sugar!
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond slices
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (almond extract could work as well)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300
- Combine all ingredients very well
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 40 min. or so, stirring every 20 min until golden.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet
(I usually bake at 350 for 20 min. to save time. I stir it after 15 min. and this leaves it a nice golden color when it’s finished.)