A healthier take on chicken fingers.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to mean living without having fun with what you eat.
Substituting brown rice or almond flour makes this a gluten free treat that won’t leave you with the tummy ache that usually comes with eating those heavy fried foods and you’ll get far more nutrition out of this indulgence!
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour (or almond flour for a low carb breading)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (preferably Redmond Real Salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (you could also add italian seasoning, garlic, and / or chipotle for smoky flavor are all options)
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or pre-cut chicken strips.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or cold pressed coconut oil (unrefined cold pressed olive oil if in a pinch)
- Combine all dry ingredients and whisk together to make your breading.
- Cut chicken into small strips if they aren’t already.
- Heat oil in a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, working in small batches if necessary, and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.