This creamy treat is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Banana’s are a great source of potassium, and eggs are a great source of protein, selenium and riboflavin.
This is sweetened with really ripe bananas with no additional sweetener added.
You can freeze this and serve it like ice cream too.
This recipe is from a cookbook called Practical Paleo and it’s written by Diane Sanfilippo, BS NC.
- 2 large organic egg yolks
- 1 can organic coconut milk (Native Forest is BPA free)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (unrefined, cold pressed)
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut butter (make sure that it only has coconut in the ingredients and nothing else)
- 3 really ripe bananas (nearly black for best flavor in this recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grab eggs and separate the egg yolks and set aside. You can save the egg whites or else discard.
- Add coconut milk, egg yolks, vanilla and cinnamon to a medium sized pot and heat on medium high heat until it begins to thicken.
- Then add coconut oil, coconut butter, slightly mashed bananas and cinnamon and heat in another medium sized pan just until the banana’s caramelize.
- Add the banana’s and the coconut milk mixture to a blender or your Vitamix and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour from your blender right into a large bowl or serving dish.
Place a layer of plastic wrap against the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming on the top. You will be able to stir and smooth before garnishing with sliced banana’s. I personally spooned it into my short little martini glasses.