This bread is made with ground almonds instead of flour which makes it a low carb choice and doesn’t pack on the pounds like flour does.
This bread is super dense, moist and delicious! I’ve found that it’s great for sandwiches, toast, or even served warm with dinner along side some rosemary infused olive oil or herb butter, make your own seasoned croutons or what ever you fancy. It’s a wonderful gluten-free alternative.
This recipe is from Elanas Pantry
In a medium bowl:
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill works well but Honeyville is the best in my opinion)
- 3/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (Redmond Real Salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
In a large bowl:
- 4 organic eggs (to avoid GMO fed chickens or if on a budget try to go local and free range)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon unpasturized raw apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together.
- In a large sized bowl, blend eggs 3-5 min. until frothy.
- Stir in raw honey and vinegar into eggs and then add to dry ingredients and gently blend together.
- Scoop batter into well greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min., until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf come out clean.
- Cool and serve.
Wrap bread in a paper towel and then seal in a ziplock bag. Keeps for several days in refrigerator.
She recommends replacing the eggs with 1 tbs ground flax seed 3 tbs water or other liquid.