Next time you think of taking that antacid that you picked up at the pharmacy, reach for aloe vera juice instead!
Most of us know how wonderful aloe is for healing burns, but did you know that it can also do the same thing inside the body? Aloe vera juice neutralizes stomach acid and calms indigestion and acid reflux just as well as an acid blocker. That’s why it’s my “go to” remedy for digestive trouble. Aloe can help alkalize your digestive system and keep you balanced and healthy.
Aloe’s benefits don’t stop there, it also increases your body’s ability to absorb your nutrition from your food, for example it is shown to help us absorb 20 times more vitamin C.
Other Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
- Normalizes cholesterol levels
- Balances inflammatory cycles
- Enhances immune response (reducing allergies, asthma, or getting sick in general)
- Provides whole body cleansing
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels
- Promotes nutrient utilization & healthy metabolism throughout the body
- Promotes cell rejuvenation
- Enhances digestion
- Protects against infection
So, keep aloe in your fridge at all times for whenever you need it!
A Word of Caution
Be sure to choose an Aloe supplement that is safe for internal consumption, preferably one that has been approved by the International Aloe Science Council (IASC). Here’s a list of certified brands. My personal favorite is Lily of the Desert It’s also important to avoid consuming aloe products that contain aloin or aloe latex.
Recipe of the Month
Tummy Soothing Smoothie
Prep Time 10 min
This helps hide the flavor of the aloe and aloe helps you absorb all of the nutrients too!
- 1 Gala Apple, peeled & cored
- 2 Cups Honey Dew Melon, peeled & seeded
- 4 tbs Aloe Vera Juice (you can use fresh, just remove the skin)
- 1 Pinch of Lime Zest
- 1 Pinch of Redmond Real Salt
- 1 cup ice cubes (optional)
- 1 peeler
- 1 cutting board
- 1 large knife
- 1 glass measuring cup
- 1 blender
- Peel apple and remove core.
- Cut honey dew melon in half and remove seeds, then slice and remove from rind. Chop into bite sized chunks if you need to for your blender.
- Add either bottled aloe vera juice or else peel fresh aloe and chop into small chunks.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender, adding the ice last, if your blender can handle blending ice. That step isn’t necessary though. If using a vitamix then use the tamper to push the ingredients toward the blades and it should be done in about 30 seconds tops!